Election Process Announcement
This is to announce the Election Process 2019 for the leadership positions of Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group (MSG).
Current leaders have served for 1 term and are concluding after APrIGF Vladivostok 2019:
Chair: Mr. Rajnesh Singh, Internet Society (ISOC) (Civil Society) (2017-2019)
Vice Chair: Ms. Sylvia Cadena, Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) (Technical) (2017-2019)
- Chair of MSG (2019-2021)
- Vice Chair of MSG (2019-2021)
According to the APrIGF Election Procedure, a call for Election Committee has been opened from 9 Jul (Tue) – 12 Jul (Fri) 2019. With consensus among the MSG, below are the final members of Election Committee 2019.
- Ms. Maureen Hilyard, Cook Islands (Civil Society)
- Mr. Hiro Hotta, Japan (Technical Sector)
- Mr. Shreedeep Rayamajhi, Nepal (Civil Society)
2019 Election Timeline
|Mon 15 Jul||Appointment of the Election Committee|
|Thu 18 Jul||Nomination Period Opens|
|Mon 5 Aug||Announcement online and notification to ACTIVE MSG VOTING MEMBERS of their eligibility to vote (as per Guideline 11.1)|
|Thu 8 Aug||Nomination Period Closes|
|Sat 10 Aug||Announce Final Shortlisted Candidates to MSG members|
|Mon 12 Aug||Opening Date of Voting Period|
|Fri 16 Aug||Closing Date of Voting Period|
|Mon 19 Aug||Announcement of the Final Election Result|
Eligibility of Candidates
Candidates for leadership (Chair or Vice-Chairs) in any election year are open to every MSG member as well as non-MSG members. However, it is desirable that all candidates possess the following qualification.
- Must work and reside in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Represent one of the listed stakeholders in section 4.0 of the Operating Principles but not limited to the list.
- Volunteers who have been active in the APrIGF activities and the Internet Governance space.
- MSG members with leadership potential and demonstrated long term commitment to the MSG’s goals.
- In the event of conflict of interest, MSG must declare his/her status at the earliest to the MSG Chair and the Committee as an act of good faith.
Term of office
- All leadership position will not exceed two consecutive terms (or four years duration).
- Returning leaders may choose to run for election again after one cycle (or two years) has elapsed since the last date of tenure (most recent ending term date) confirmed by the Secretariat.
Nominations of candidates should be made by submitting the names, organisation, stakeholder group, a short bio and the email address of the nominee to elec[email protected] ONLY before the nomination period closes. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nominees will be informed by the Election Committee and invited to accept their candidacies.
More information about the Operating Principles and Election Procedure of APrIGF MSG, please visit https://aprigf.asia/msg.html.
Thank you very much.
Secretariat of APrIGF